Thursday, November 4, 2010

Lets Scrap...skirt?


So Im not quite sure if its a good or bad habit but every time I go to a fabric store I always go through the remnant pile and find some piece I really like but I have no clue what I will be using it for a the time, but Ill get it anyway. There are several pieces in my fabric collection waiting for their time. That was the story with this silky grey sheer print material. Then one day after another skirt I made with the lavender material I accidentally saw them next to each other and since the grey draped and flowed so nicely I really wanted alot of it kind of bunched together...actually I have no clue how I came up with this design except that I had two pieces of fabric and I just combined them. This was quite a while ago too, one of my first non pattern followed pieces. The two fabrics complement each other quite well, I think, despite the different colors and feels. Turned out quite fun...but again, hard to match. I like to wear it to dance parties or socials as it can pass for both latin and standard skirt, although I consider it more latin. Scrap materials can be the most fun sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment