Saturday, June 20, 2009

Just starting

Since I just started this blog not to long ago from some inspiration from friends, I wasn't sure what to write about. But I thought that the thing I've grown to love and treasure would be a good start. SO Ballroom it is (along with some random thoughts and daily activities). I decided to share some of the experience and knowledge I gained in the past 5 years with people who are either interested, just picking up the activity or feel like discussing some of the pointers I will be posting.
So to begin I want to post some videos of perhaps my favorite dancing couple: Riccardo Cocchi and Yulia Zagaruchenko. I love this performance along with basically anything else they do. They are the number 2 couple in the world behind Michael Malitowski and Joanna Leunis, whom I also admire greatly. They actually performed this showcase, a cheeky chacha at the Ohio Star Ball in November 08 and I saw it live! It was one of the best dance experience related of my life!



They also did this performance, a samba and medley, which was equally breathtaking, which I also watched at OSB. Their sense of musicality along with music choice is simply magnificent. And of course they won the best couple award!


And check out this video as well. This is their rumba - once again gorgeous beyond expression.


All of these videos, asides from being taken from youtube are from the World SuperStars Dance Festival held each year in Tokyo, Japan, where they have the world's best or so couples in Standard and Latin do 5 showdances each. So best dancers do best dances although sometimes they do come up with strange, strange things.

No comments:

Post a Comment