Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fire on the dance floor!





...or at least thats what I want to be when I dance latin, but have not yet achieved. This is my first official latin dress however, after long deliberations with my coaches about color and design I finally chose one. When I chose the fabric, the crepe back satin was a bit heavier than what I was looking for but it was the perfect color: looks red but in the light gives off a orangy fire tint. It actually turned out to work better than I expected. The best part about it is the wide skirt combined with the heavier fabric that makes the spin quality of this dress a 10. Fabric bought, this was my first open style dress so I wanted to rhinestone it, ordered expensive Swarovski stones, no sense doing the cheap way if you are going to put so much effort in it in the first place. I wanted the sides to be see through lace but the store did not have the right kind or color that I wanted. (About a year later I did find the lace I wanted in a different store and still have plans to replace the sheer material the dress has now, because it is beginning to tear.


My inspiration for the dress: Karina Smirnoff and Slavik Kryklyvyy Rumba
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ftQCOBh4SI




No comments:

Post a Comment